I’m Mark McBride. I usually live and work in San Francisco, California, but am currently expatriated in Basel, Switzerland. I graduated from West Point with a degree in computer science and spent 5 years as an Army officer with a 2003 tour in Iraq leading a communications unit.
I’m out of the military and lead a team that oversees the implementation of ERP and related systems that have global scope for product and supply chain operations at F. Hoffmann-La Roche (or just “Roche”). It’s pretty cool stuff.
I also develop web applications and hack on Linux systems. My go-to web framework is Ruby on Rails, and most of my hacking is done from the latest Fedora release. I’ve done a little bit of everything from small personal projects, to augmenting enterprise applications.
Occasionally, I pretend to be a photographer.
- Résumé, 2 pdfs available (short/long versions)
- LinkedIn, I update this less frequently, but it’s a good resource for people I’ve worked with.
How to Contact Me
- Questions/Comments – if you’ve got a question about something I’ve written, please contact me via the comments on the site.
- Liked Something? – if you found something particularly useful, please share the link on Twitter.
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org